Apparently there were some slight problems. Lyn changed the program for the servo motor so my partner had to change the angles for the motor so that it worked properly. She changed both the starting angle and the ending angle so that the cup did no try to go beyond the base/platform that it is resting on and so that it didn't go so far that it hit the middle sensor. Neither of these were problems before but I guess the angles got messed up when the program was changed.
She also said that changing to new batteries made the car so significantly faster although it still did not go as fast at the other cars.
Other than that, from what I heard our robot successfully put the fire out. I know that it can repeatedly put the fire out because I tested it many times before Monday. I have full confidence that, as long as the sensors are correct, the batteries are full and the candle is at a reasonable height, our robot will put out the flame. (It sounds like a lot of conditions but its really not that many... )
No comments:
Post a Comment