Unfortunately, my partner was not present for the first day of designing so I was working with the ninja. I wasn't sure of what kind of motion I wanted to make so the ninja mentioned a clapping motion. I thought about it and tried to make it on the legos. After tinkling on the legos I ended up with a chomping motion instead of a clapping motion. I couldn't figure out how to get the "hands" of a clapper to come back together after separating. I liked the simple design of the chomper that I mad on the legos.
The next step was to sketch the design onto paper. I thought that all designs started on paper and then became physical. This time, I made the physical lego model of the chomper first and then started to sketch it. Using the legos to come up with designs proved to be much easier than trying to imagine how to make a 3D model my sketching it on paper.
I then made the foam core model which consisted of three pieces.
That was all for the first day of designing and making the foam core model. Now, I had to communicate with my partner make any necessary iterations, take measurements and make the solid works model.
No comments:
Post a Comment